Pan-Clan
*****Please note that your Username will be your 1st name and your last name
Password will remain as you set it.*****
Pan-Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning to all and one for Admin to look into

+3
Alan Fair
Admin
Jack Milton
7 posters

Go down

Warning to all and one for Admin to look into Empty Warning to all and one for Admin to look into

Post  Jack Milton Thu 6 Dec 2012 - 7:34

Have seen quite a few links to trojans etc on the advertising banners that appear between the links at the top of the page (Home, Pan-Cla Web site etc) and the actual forums, current one is "You've got 1 new message Open now"

Warning to all - do not click on these links, they are not what you are expecting unless you want to install a trojan or worse on you laptop/PC, always ensure you AV is up to date just in case

And to Admin(s) - I thought this forum was paid for? Maybe wrong, but surely if we have a free board and the ads are there to save on costs, would it not be worth them being more motorcycle related?
Jack Milton
Jack Milton

Back to top Go down

Warning to all and one for Admin to look into Empty Re: Warning to all and one for Admin to look into

Post  Admin Thu 6 Dec 2012 - 11:50

The Ads sohould not have been present once logged.

There has been a recent up date of the site and I thought I had checked all the settings.

They should be disabled for members who are logged in now.

Please let me know if they are not.

Admin

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Warning to all and one for Admin to look into Empty Re: Warning to all and one for Admin to look into

Post  Jack Milton Thu 6 Dec 2012 - 22:17

Nope not disabled, still there and this is after me clearing cache and checking on a 2nd PC
Jack Milton
Jack Milton

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Fair Thu 6 Dec 2012 - 22:44

I am not getting them.
Alan Fair
Alan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Milton Fri 7 Dec 2012 - 7:42

Hmm maybe I should have said they are still there when using IE, missing from the main forum page on Chrome but have large "Download & Play" buttons showing as I reply to this post
Jack Milton
Jack Milton

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Fair Fri 7 Dec 2012 - 9:36

mmm, very odd. I still don't get them and I have now used IE(9) having previously used Chrome(23) and Firefox(17). I certainly get problems with IE but they are usually to do with their implementation of HTML which affects layout, not something like this.

Have you closed the browser (or even re-booted) to make sure that all session cookies are cleared? Clearing the cache does not affect session cookies, and clearing cookies takes away the 'good' ones too. You've probably done that, but I've put that just in case someone else is having similar problems and not tried it.
Alan Fair
Alan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Milton Fri 7 Dec 2012 - 23:21

Yep both PC and laptop have been rebooted and the "ads" are still there Sad
Jack Milton
Jack Milton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Milton Sat 8 Dec 2012 - 10:47

And this is me logged into a laptop that has never been used on this website and the ads are still there
Jack Milton
Jack Milton

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 8 Dec 2012 - 12:30

Not quite sure what is happening to your account.

Once logged into the forum as a members the ads should not appear.

I have logged in both as guest, Admin and as another member on three computers other than this one and the ads do go.

Only solution I can think of at the moment is to delete your account and submit another application and I will authorise and see if that cures it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Fair Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 13:27

This is getting seriously weird.

I have just used Internet Explorer (a browser I hardly ever use) to go to the forum. I did not log-in, so was only able to see the General Chat section.

I had a good wander around the bits I could see, and DID NOT get any adverts. So why don't I get any (signed in or not) and Jack gets them always?

It can't be account related as I have not used the account on IE.

It seems it can't be machine related because Jack used a computer he had not previously used.

It's not browser related, as I don't get the adverts on IE, FireFox or Chrome.

It has to be cosmic rays!

Alan Fair
Alan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Milton Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 17:35

If its not affecting anyone else then its nott going to be an issue as I am unlikely to click on any of the links (must be my background Alan pirat), if it is affeting others then maybe it does need to be fixed
Jack Milton
Jack Milton

Back to top Go down

Post  WILLIAMDALTON2929 Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 7:17

I get the adverts at the top for gumtree all the time
WILLIAMDALTON2929
WILLIAMDALTON2929

Back to top Go down

Warning to all and one for Admin to look into Empty irritating links and ads

Post  Andy Beckett Thu 27 Dec 2012 - 4:29

Can't say I had even noticed before but yes, I now have these annoying banners and download invitations, with sound, which is more annoying. Yes they do still appear when logged in, have the gremlins taken over or what, should we put the site on our "at risk list" ?
Andy Beckett
Andy Beckett

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 Dec 2012 - 10:38

I have double checked the settings and can confirm that adverts should not appear once logged in.

It is clear we are experiencing problems with the site.

I need the committee to consider for closure of the site as it is causing problems among the membership.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Milton Thu 27 Dec 2012 - 17:13

Don't think it needs closing, just a general warning (to all somehow) to ignore the links that hint there is a problem with their PCs
Jack Milton
Jack Milton

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Rocke Fri 28 Dec 2012 - 11:14

Have you installed an Ad Blocker to see if that clears the adverts?
Just a thought.
Steve Rocke
Steve Rocke

Back to top Go down

Warning to all and one for Admin to look into Empty ad blocker

Post  Andy Beckett Fri 28 Dec 2012 - 13:54

running Firefox 17.0.1 under Mac Mountain Lion, installed updated ad blocker and ads no longer appear. It would be a great pity to have the site close over such small but irritating unwanted windows, my email junk is much much more annoying to me.
Andy Beckett
Andy Beckett

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Ralston Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 20:21

I have always and still get those annoying adverts.
Chris Ralston
Chris Ralston

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 22:17

I have checked and double checked the Forum status and all adverts are 'allegedly' disabled once logged in. This is clearly not the case!

As for annoying, I find the following

A: I'm not interested in the adverts, therefore I scroll down without giving them a second thought.
B: I pay the adverts no attention as I've logged in to read the threads and not be distracted by other things.
C: I visit so many other sites with adverts that I don't register them and scroll down to the threads I wish to view.
or
D: All of the above........

I will now close this thread as it seems that the forum does not work correctly for all, but I will not close the forum...................just yet.

Admin.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum