*****Please note that your Username will be your 1st name and your last name
Password will remain as you set it.*****
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Certificate of Conformity

Go down

Certificate of Conformity Empty Certificate of Conformity

Post  JohnRyan on Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 15:40


I plan to move to France later this year taking my ST1100 with me. It was registered in June 2001 which pre dates the introduction of mandatory CoC's. Honda UK advise to apply via Honda France. I know from other posts this can be problematic. Grateful if any forum members have any experience in this area before I apply.



Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Certificate of Conformity Empty Re: Certificate of Conformity

Post  Steve Rocke on Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 15:10

Hi, I have imported 1300 into France, so can be of some help.

If you have no COC then you will have to contact Honda France for the correct paperwork for importing (around €100 in 2009).

There are 3 things you need to getting your ‘UK-sourced, made-before-June 2003’ bike registered.
1. Get a declaration that the bike conforms to the French national type approval that was current at the time. This is the most difficult part of the operation.
2. Get a paper from your local tax office confirming that there is no VAT to pay. This document is called a VT 1993, aka a ‘quitus fiscale’, and is easy to get.
3. Submit a application for registration (‘carte grise’) to your Préfecture. This is the same as with any vehicle.

You will need an 'Attestation d'identification pour véhicules importés conformes à un type communautaire'.
Now, strictly-speaking, no UK-sourced bike can qualify for one of these because, for one thing, the headlamp dips to the wrong side.
So here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1 : Get an ‘Attestation de conformité partielle’ (English translation: Certificate of partial conformity)

Step 2 : Change whatever is identified on this Attestation as being non-compliant to make it compliant.

Step 3: Have the bike inspected, a process called a ‘Réception à titre isolé’, at your local DRIRE* office. If it passes, the DRIRE will then issue you with an Attestation of full conformity.

* DRIRE = Directions Régionales de l'Industrie, de la Recherche et de l'Environnement For the purposes of this article, this is the French equivalent to the inspection service of VOSA in the UK.

to find out how much you will be charged, you need to either:

a) Call the French importer and ask.
b) Drop by your local dealer and ask them to call the importer on your behalf.
Going by your dealer isn’t a bad move anyway, since they will be able to confirm that the importer’s details are correct. And, if you’re lucky, they might also be able help you with getting the Attestation.
If you write:- If you can get a person’s name to write to, so much the better. If not, address the letter to the Service Homologation.
And now wait until a piece of paper arrives … This may take up to a couple of months.
Service Homolagation, Honda Motor Europe, Business Park Pariest BP 46, Allée du 1er Mai, 77312 Croissy Beaubourg Marne la Vallée. Tel: +33 (0) 1 60 37 30 00
When you receive your letter of Attestation you will need to change the parts that are listed as non-compliant.
There are two ways to do this:
1. Do it your self
2. Let the dealer do it
Naturally, the dealer route is going to be more expensive; but it does possibly offer one advantage.
With the dealer who makes the changes can then submit an application to the importer for a full Attestation, confirming that the changes have been made. The importer can then issue you with this full Attestation which means you won’t need to go to the DRIRE.

If you do the work yourself, make sure:

1. You keep a receipt for all the parts you’ve changed.
2. Whenever possible, make sure all the parts have a European homologation stamp or certificate - the stamp is a ‘E’ symbol plus a number enclosed in a circle. You should find these on things like headlights, silencers and mirrors.

Note: If you have any non-OEM parts fitted, you will need to change them back to the originals...

Hope this helps some way and if there is anything I can help with let us know.


Thanks to Bike Club France for assistance with this post.
Steve Rocke
Steve Rocke

Posts : 31
Join date : 2011-12-15
Location : 87330 France

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum