Pan-Clan
*****Please note that your Username will be your 1st name and your last name
Password will remain as you set it.*****
Pan-Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Box Keys?

5 posters

Go down

Top Box Keys? Empty Top Box Keys?

Post  BarryWinnett Sat 19 Mar 2016 - 11:42

I've just part exed my beautiful 03 Pan for one six years younger. I find that I'm missing a spare top box key!
I purchased it from Dobles so talked to them but they were useless! They even suggested Honda couldn't help either and recommended that I change the complete lock! Funny it wasn't suggested before I purchased it!
I tried the local key cutter but no joy there, so does anyone know if it's possible to get one cut and where?
Many thanks
Barry

ST1300 Pan

Last edited by BarryWinnett on Sun 20 Mar 2016 - 10:10; edited 1 time in total
BarryWinnett
BarryWinnett

Back to top Go down

Top Box Keys? Empty Re: Top Box Keys?

Post  Jack Milton Sat 19 Mar 2016 - 21:45

Assuming this is a 1300 one idea might be to see if a friend (another Pan owner) has a key that may fit and if so get one cut from that. Although I would contact Honda direct and see if they are able to help but probably wont be cheap. Yes replacing the lock itself should be possible, I've done that with 1100 locks (and also adjusted ones that had no proper key) although the topbox may not be as easy to do
Jack Milton
Jack Milton

Back to top Go down

Top Box Keys? Empty Top Box Keys

Post  colinhumphreys Sun 20 Mar 2016 - 19:10

Send me a picture of the key (Both sides) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or Text 07931880685
colinhumphreys
colinhumphreys

Back to top Go down

Top Box Keys? Empty Top Box Keys?

Post  DaveHarrison Mon 28 Mar 2016 - 20:48

I went to my local Timpsons and they found a match for my Honda topbox key in about 30 seconds. Sorry, he didn't tell me what the template he used was designed for, but it works perfectly.

Dave

DaveHarrison

Back to top Go down

Top Box Keys? Empty Spare Keys

Post  Derek French Mon 4 Apr 2016 - 13:39

I think the top box is made by Givi. Anyway, I got a spare cut by a locksmiths in Coulsdon just along the road about 800 yards from Dobles showroom.
Derek French
Derek French

Back to top Go down

Top Box Keys? Empty Top box key

Post  BarryWinnett Mon 4 Apr 2016 - 19:06

Derek French wrote:I think the top box is made by Givi. Anyway, I got a spare cut by a locksmiths in Coulsdon just along the road about 800 yards from Dobles showroom.

Thanks Derek.
BarryWinnett
BarryWinnett

Back to top Go down

Top Box Keys? Empty Top Box Keys

Post  Derek French Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 9:51

Sorry to hear of poor service from Dobles though. That is inexcusable. Will have a word with Paul styles next time I see him.
Derek French
Derek French

Back to top Go down

Post  BarryWinnett Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 20:34

Derek French wrote:Sorry to hear of poor service from Dobles though. That is inexcusable. Will have a word with Paul styles next time I see him.

It was Paul who sold me the bike but one of his salesmen who served me when I picked up the bike, it was him who told me they couldn't help!
Barry
BarryWinnett
BarryWinnett

Back to top Go down

Post  BarryWinnett Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 19:13

Just to let others know I have now replaced the complete lock/barrel. It's a very easy job and buying the new barrel with two new keys was very cheap really. The job just involves removing a couple of circlips, popping out the old barrel and inserting the new ones and back with the circlips. Easy!
BarryWinnett
BarryWinnett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum