Pan-Clan
*****Please note that your Username will be your 1st name and your last name
Password will remain as you set it.*****
Pan-Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pan-Clan Website

+2
Admin
Alan Fair
6 posters

Go down

Pan-Clan Website Empty Pan-Clan Website

Post  Alan Fair Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 15:40

As many people know, Graham Perrin has hung up his mouse as far as the Pan-Clan website is concerned. It's never an easy task to manage a website when you rely on others to supply you with information - as I am about to find out. A big thank you to Graham for looking after the site for the past few years.

I have created a new web-site for the club. Initially we are concentrating on making it attractive to potential members, and get them to sign up. Whilst you are welcome to have a look around, you may not find much of any interest at the moment. That will change!

Gary Collett, the new Chairman, has lots of ideas (not all suitable for a public website!) and I have quite a few of my own (that are for the website). In the meanwhile we are happy to hear what you think of the site, and more importantly what you would like to see on it.

Don't forget we are also on Facebook (there is a link to our wall from the website pages). By its nature, the Facebook pages are likely to be much more current than the website, so you will need to bookmark both.

Your new Webmaster,

Alan Fair
(also Area rep for Scotland).
Alan Fair
Alan Fair

Back to top Go down

Pan-Clan Website Empty Re: Pan-Clan Website

Post  Admin Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 19:07

Great to see you got the site up and I want to echo your comments to Graham, he did a brilliant job and for quite some time as well. I hope to see him on here soon.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pan-Clan Website Empty Welcome to the Forum

Post  Gary Collett Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 17:01

Dear Pan Clan members, it is with great pleasure that I welcome you to the 'New' Forum for the Pan Clan. As you will notice it looks very similar to the previous one, this is intentional. Graham set up and ran the last one but he decided not to continue to do so when asked, so Gary R stepped up to continue the good work that Graham started. He has also stepped down from running the website and we have a new person to administer that in the shape of Alan Fair, thank you to him.
Since I was elected Chairman of the club at this years AGM, I have become more aware of the challenges of keeping an informative and interesting website up to date whilst fulfilling the needs of the potential new member as well as the established member. I now appreciate some of the difficulties Graham was having and admire his perseverance over such a long time. Many thanks to you Graham for your hard work and long service to the club.
Any website can only be as good as the members that use it and in recent times I have heard comments like "Oh I never look at the website, there's nothing on it for me" Well I hope in future that you will look on it and use it as the information and features grow over the coming weeks and months. With Alan's help we intend to put previous copies of the Pantasia online for new members that join to see the kind of things we do or just to refresh your memory of an article you want to recall. There will also be info about up and coming rides and events (providing the reps send them in) with more details of dates and times 'hidden' in the members section which will be password protected again. Those budding wordsmiths among you that have a tale to tell about a modification on the bike, or an interesting ride or visit, that couldn't be squeezed into the magazine will be able to have it on the website for others to learn from or enjoy. Other ideas are also welcome.
As I mentioned in the current Pantasia I do not underestimate the tough times ahead for this club (and many others) but I do believe that we have the skills and enthusiasm among our members to build on what exists and go forward growing and uniting this club whilst having a great time doing it. So please, use this Forum and the Website, contribute to it and encourage others to do so because if "there's nothing on there for me" its because 'you' haven't put anything there!
Thank you all and safe riding.

Gary Collett
Pan Clan Chairman

p.s. to register for the Forum please follow the instructions given and use real names, you must be a current member to post messages.

Gary Collett

Back to top Go down

Post  Keith Moon Mon 5 Dec 2011 - 21:15

Sorry to hear that Graham has stepped down as web master, he did a great job.

To our new web master, Alan, I wish you the best of luck in the job, hope you get the support that the web site needs.

It's looking good so far.

Regards,

Keith Moon.
Keith Moon
Keith Moon

http://www.klmmotorsportpics.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Milton Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 14:19

Would it not be a good idea to have a direct link from the forum back to the website? Maybe linked from the Pan Clan logo at the top
Jack Milton
Jack Milton

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 14:34

I like your thinking........... Smile

Struggling to do it at the mo. Evil or Very Mad

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Wilde Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 11:59

Jack Milton wrote:Would it not be a good idea to have a direct link from the forum back to the website? Maybe linked from the Pan Clan logo at the top
I agree it would be nice. Meanwhile try this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] affraid
Rob Wilde
Rob Wilde

http://Www.firecrestit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Milton Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 15:04

Rob Wilde wrote: Meanwhile try this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] affraid
And just which Pan Clan website do you think I meant should be added as a link to Rolling Eyes
Jack Milton
Jack Milton

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 15:15

I think he meant.

Try this. Pan-Clan Web site

not

Try this Pan-Clan web site.

It's all in the punctuation. Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Wilde Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 15:32

Gary Robinson wrote:I think he meant.

Try this. Pan-Clan Web site

not

Try this Pan-Clan web site.

It's all in the punctuation. Laughing
Yes but at least mine has a link to follow to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] web site.
Rob Wilde
Rob Wilde

http://Www.firecrestit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down